We know you are just like us and wait all year for pumpkin lattes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin candles. We have something to take your pumpkin obsession a bit further and think your kids will enjoy it too!
Check out this great Pumpkin Pie Playdough recipe. It's a perfect activity to keep them occupied during the colder fall days while you sip on that pumpkin latte :)
- 1cup flour
- 1⁄2cup salt
- 2teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1cup water
- food coloring (6 drops of red and 15 drops of yellow)
- Fussili pasta (optional)
- Green Food coloring (optional)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a nonstick saucepan.
- Add the oil, water, and food coloring and whisk until smooth.
- Stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, cook the mixture over medium heat until it forms a ball, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn the dough onto a counter, let it cool slightly, then knead the dough until it has a smooth texture, about 1 minute.
- The dough will keep up to a week in a ziplock bag.
- To make pumpkin stems, place some pasta (suggested: fusilli) in a ziplock bag.
- Add five drops of green food coloring and a teaspoon of water.
- Seal the bag, then let your tot squish the pasta around until it's tinted. Pour the pasta onto a piece of waxed paper and let it dry for about five minutes before pressing it into your pumpkins.
Original Recipe can be found here